Let’s face it – poker is the most bad-ass Casino game out there. A bunch of good mates (or gangster bosses with cigars) seated around a table, lost in the game… Chips change hands, heaps of money grow, and the piles of empty beer bottle grow even faster. Evening turns to night and the fun just doesn’t end. Fantastic thought… but! What if you don’t have a poker table? Or you don’t really like beer? Or you don’t have poker-playing friends and don’t happen to know any gangster bosses with cigars? No problem, the solution is simple: Play video poker at Euro Palace online casino!
Although video poker isn’t an innovation, it still remains exciting and enthralling and is a ton of fun – especially if you aren’t sitting in a smoky room in an undisclosed location with Al Capone’s goons. Video poker offers a variety of game styles and each style has a certain set of rules that need to be followed. These are the four most popular variations, but of course Euro Palace offers many other variations too:
This version of poker is enhanced by the card with the face value, which counts as a joker and is thus referred to as the wild card.
In order to create a more exciting and even more unpredictable version of this game, two jokers are added to the standard deck of 52 cards.
Tens or Better
A pair of tens is the absolute minimum requirement for a win. That also means that everything higher than a pair of tens wins a share of the pot.
Jacks or Better
This is the classic and also most popular variation of video poker – a hand of at least two Jacks guarantees a payout. As with Tens or Better this also implies that the minimum requirement for a win is a pair of Jacks.
But now – the most important question:
Which cards do I keep, and why?
After receiving your cards, putting on your foolproof poker face and examining your cards whilst trying to control that little tell-tale twitch in your eye, it’s time for a possibly life-altering choice: which cards do I keep?! Say a little prayer to the gods of poker and pick any two cards to discard? I think not… Although these tips are only based on Jacks or Better, they will hopefully provide you with useful insight on for to beat the gangster bosses and you can practice your strategy for playing video poker.* Let’s start at the bottom:
- If you only have one high card (Jacks +), then return the remaining four cards.
- If you have two high cards, return the remaining three and hope fortune favors you!
- Three high cards indicate that the remaining two should be returned.
- If you have a pair and the other cards are low card, return the three low cards. If the three cards are high, the above tips apply.
- If you have two pairs (good going…!), return the remaining card.
- Four cards of one suit (hearts, diamonds…)? Return the card that’s not part of the suit.
- If you have three cards for a flush, or even a royal flush, then return the two remaining cards.
- If you get the great news of three-of-a-kind, return the two remaining cards, but do try to hide that tell-tale eye twitch of excitement!
- If you have four cards for a flush or a royal flush, return the remaining card and kiss your lucky rabbit’s foot.
- If you have a full suit, such as a full house, a flush or a royal flush, hang onto your cards for dear life and aim for that jackpot!
Phew, that was more than enough learning, methinks. Time to put the theory into practice and play! Log into your account (or register an account if you don’t have one yet) and enjoy endless poker fun, without gangsters and goons!
*Please note – those are tips, not winning strategies. Poker remains a game of chance and luck.