Roll the dice, correctly predict the roll, and you could win big! It’s that simple when it comes to online craps. This dice game, which was originally known as crapaud (French for “toad”), is an exciting and dynamic table game, and a firm favourite all over the world.
Online casinos have brought this dynamic game to a whole new fan base where the convenience of playing whenever, wherever you choose, is making it a popular choice for gamers in all across Europe and abroad.
How to play online craps
Land-based and online Craps really is very simple, but there are so many bets that it can seem quite confusing to new players. That’s why we’re here to take you through the basics.
Craps consists of two phases, namely:
- The coming out phase
- The point phase
- During the coming out phase, players place bets on the Pass Line, and try to roll either a 7 or an 11. If you instead roll any one of a four, five, six, eight, nine or ten, that number will then become your point for the next phase of play.
- The player who is betting is known as the Shooter, and you can bet with or against the Shooter, meaning that you’re predicting that they will land an 11 or an 11, or that they won’t. These are known as Pass and Don’t Pass Bets respectively. A Pass Bet wins and loses with the Shooter, and a Don’t Pass Bet does the opposite.
- When you play online Craps, of course, there is no physical player and the “Shooter” is actually the Random Number Generator that creates the results. At Euro Palace, the Number Generation software on our games is fully audited and endorsed by eCOGRA, so you can trust that the games are completely fair.
- In the point phase, you’ll have to try roll the same number that was established as your point during the coming out phase. You can also set another point, which can be any other number of your choosing.
- Point phase bets are known as Come and Don’t Come wagers, and work similarly to the Pass/Don’t Pass Bets of the coming out phase. Come Bets predict that the results of the dice roll will be one of the set points, a 7 or and 11, while Don’t Come Bets predict they will be any other number.
- Side bets can also be placed during both phases, which adds to the intrigue and excitement of the game.
Craps offers some of the best odds at the casino, so it’s well worth a try!
Learn the online craps lingo
You might be sitting at a virtual table when you play craps online, but that doesn’t mean that the experience is any less real than if you were at a land-based casino.
In fact, you might feel more confident to scream, shout, and express yourself more knowing that you are playing where you want to play.
So here is the lingo you need to know to make your onling gaming experience that much more authentic, real and load… yes we endorse excitement at its highest levels.
- Craps: 2, 3 and 12
- C and E Craps: 11
- Yo, Yo-leven: 11
- Snake Eyes: 2x 1’s
- Boxcars: 2x 6’s.
- Little Joe: also known as “Little Joe from kokomo”, 4 – when rolled as a 1 and a 3.
- Jimmy Hicks: 6
- Skinny Dugan: a loser 7
- Skate and donate: 8
- Puppy Paws: two 5’s
- Centre Field: 9
- Natural Winner: on the come-out phase – the 7 or 11
Ready for Online Craps Action?
If you’d like to play Craps online yourself, and enjoy all the basic and intriguing side bets, Euro Palace is the perfect place to do just that. Register your account with us today, and then try your luck in Craps and other thrilling games.