Slots meet poker in the ultimate video poker games
What is online video poker?
There are countless variations of poker available today, but it all started with the 5-card draw poker. Video poker brought the classic poker variation into the 21st century, offering casino goers a simplified version that was easy to use and offered hours of games fun.
Video poker has come a long way since the 1970’s when in the early days it was still referred to by some as “poker slots”. The similarities between slots and video poker are clearly apparent thought, with both being incredibly simple to get the hang of, and of course, no dealer is required.
How do you play video poker?
Video poker is based on the classic 5-card draw poker and as a result it works in much the same way.
Playing is as simple as:
- Clicking the Deal button, following which 5 cards will be drawn to you.
- You can now choose to exchange one or more cards from your hand and then click Deal again.
- The result will be calculated and your winnings paid out.
- Note: Standard video poker games are played with a 52-card deck of cards. The joker wild games however will also include one or more jokers.
Strategy for playing video poker
As a result of the extremely simple nature of video poker, any strategy employed to play the game are equally as simple. Most players employ a strategy based on a table that dictates a hand by hand strategy on any possible hand.
Examples of this type of strategy include:
- On a royal flush or a straight flush keep all five cards.
- Suited KQJ or QJT, keep royals and draw for a royal flush.
This type of strategy, although easy to follow, allows for little variation and adaptability. It is more about employing sound 5-card draw knowledge than a get-rich-quick strategy.
Popular video poker games to play
- Aces and Faces
- Bonus Poker Deluxe
- Deuces and Joker
- Jacks or Better
- Joker Poker
- Tens or Better
If you’re excited about video poker, then click here to start playing, but also be sure to check out some other hot casino games too.