If you’re a fan of the older James Bond movies, you will know that baccarat is the superspy’s game of choice. With its easy sophistication, it’s not difficult to understand why everyone’s favourite secret agent loves this game so much. Baccarat is one of the more glamorous casino games, steeped in history, with royal scandals and intrigues that add to its allure. Euro Palace offers the best baccarat you can play online… and, being a simple table game with very favourable odds, you don’t need to be 007 to play it!
How to play baccarat
The principle of baccarat can be summed up with a simple question – does the Player or the Banker have the best hand? You bet according to what you think the answer to that question will be.
- But what is a good hand? Nine is the number you’re looking for. The Player and the Banker are each dealt a two-card hand. The numbers are added up, and the closest to nine is the best hand – and if you bet on whoever has that hand, you win.
- How do you get to nine? Each card in a standard deck is assigned a value. Royals and 10s have a value of 0. Aces are worth 1 and number cards from 2 to 9 carry the face value. So, for example, if the Dealer has a 10 and an 8, his hand will be worth 8.
- If the hand total adds up to more than 9, the left digit is discarded. So if the Player has a pair of 7s, the total would be 14, and the 1 discarded for a final total of 4.
If the Player’s hand adds up to 5 or less, another card is drawn. In the hypothetical scenario we have been talking about, the Player will draw another card.
- The Banker only draws a second card if his first two cards add up to 2 or less.
- You have three betting choices – you can bet on the Player’s hand, the Banker’s hand or a tie.
- If you bet on a Player hand and win, you’ll get a 1:1 payout. The return is the same if you successfully back a Banker hand, but because the odds are slightly more favourable these wins are subject to a commission charge of 5%.
- The ultimate result in Baccarat is to bet and win on the hand totals being the same, resulting in a tie. You get a truly incredible payout of 9:1 if you’re lucky enough to have this happen to you, but be warned – the odds are certainly stacked high. With a house edge of more than 14%, this is one online Baccarat wager that you should only place when you are feeling particularly lucky.
Let us entertain you with the best baccarat online!
Baccarat tips and strategies
- You can choose to bet on the banker or on the player, or tie. A tie is not common though so choosing one of the other two options could be a better bet. As we said, tie bets are reserved for when you are feeling especially lucky or feel like an extra jolt of adrenaline while you play Baccarat online.
- Start betting with small amounts – start low and, build up your confidences, and as you start winning, then start increasing your bet amount. Lady luck play a big part in playing baccarat so she where she takes you while you play.
- Practice online – on demo mode – this is the perfect option for players new to the game, or those looking to get more acquainted and confident in their playing ability. Don’t forget about this option even as you develop your skills and start winning – it’s perfect when you’ve used up your budget but you want to keep playing, or if you just want to enjoy online Baccarat without having to think about your finances.
- The Bank always stands when on a total of 7.
- You can try Positive and Negative Progressive betting strategies, which involve increasing your stake when you win and decreasing it when you lose, or vice versa, respectively. Technically these are designed for games when there are only 2 possible outcomes, but the third result of a tie is unlikely enough to make them work for land-based and online Baccarat too.
- Know the casino you are playing at – a reputable online casino should be where you spend your time playing. Euro Palace is one such casino, where you can have a look at the terms and conditions, get in contact with the call centre with any queries and read up about the accreditation that the casino holds.