What makes online baccarat so popular?
If you’re a fan of the older James Bond movies, you will know that baccarat is the superspy’s game of choice. Baccarat is one of the more glamorous casino games, steeped in history, with royal scandals and intrigues that add to its allure. Euro Palace offers the best baccarat you can play online… and, being a simple table game with very favourable odds, you don’t need to be 007 to play it!
How to play baccarat
The principle of baccarat can be summed up with a simple question – does the Player or the Banker have the best hand? You bet according to what you think the answer to that question will be.
- But what is a good hand? Nine is the number you’re looking for. The Player and the Banker are each dealt a two-card hand. The numbers are added up, and the closest to nine is the best hand – and if you bet on whoever has that hand, you win.
- How do you get to nine? Each card in a standard deck is assigned a value. Royals and 10s have a value of 0. Aces are worth 1 and number cards from 2 to 9 carry the face value. So, for example, if the Dealer has a 10 and an 8, his hand will be worth 8.
- If the hand total adds up to more than 9, the left digit is discarded. So if the Player has a pair of 7s, the total would be 14, and the 1 discarded for a final total of 4.
- If the Player’s hand adds up to 5 or less, another card is drawn. In the hypothetical scenario we have been talking about, the Player will draw another card.
- The Banker only draws a second card if his first two cards add up to 2 or less.
- You have three betting choices – you can bet on the Player’s hand, the Banker’s hand or a tie.
Let us entertain you with the best baccarat online!