Start playing roulette right here, right now
Where did it all start? The origins of roulette
Its origins date back to France in the 18th century and prior to that in the 17th century when Blaise Pascal went out in search for the “perpetual motion machine”. La Roulette, ou le Jour by author Jaques Lablee describes roulette and its wheel in the Palais Royal, located in Paris in 1796.
Roulette, the online casino game version, has come a long way since its humble beginnings. Still incorporating the same principles as its predecessors, online roulette is sleeker, more stylish and ever so popular with casino aficionados who like their table games fix.
The facts on playing online roulette
There are three different versions of roulette on offer:
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
- French Roulette
Once you place your bets, the roulette wheel starts spinning, and you will see the ball swirl on by. After a suspense filled couple of seconds, the wheel will slowly stop spinning, and the ball will land gracefully on a numbered slot on the wheel.
- American Roulette offers 38 numbered slots, with numbers ranging from 1 to 36, together with a zero and a double zero. Together with the numbers, there is also an array of “outside” bets on the combination numbers.
- European Roulette much like the American version is played on a single wheel. The biggest difference is that it features only one zero. This is considered by some players to be more favourable in terms of winning opportunity.
- “en prison”/half-back rule: if you make any even money bet (meaning anything on red, black, odd, even, or 1 to 18 or 19 to 36), and the ball happens to land on zero, you will then get half the bet you made back. In French this is known as “la partage”. You will also possibly consider imprisoning the bet instead of losing half of it. If in the next spin your imprisoned bet wins, it will then be released and you will get it back, sans any winnings.
The different betting options in roulette
- Black or red
- Even or odds
- 1-18 or 19-36
- Single number
- Double street
For European roulette players, European roulette is of course the one that seems to be the most popular. With many a winner coming from playing this version. This isn’t to say that the other versions are not as popular. Not at all! It ultimately comes down to preference, and that’s why Euro Palace, offers all versions of the game, so you can make that choice for yourself – playing the game you want to, when you want to.
Register to place your bets>>
Dispelling some roulette myths
Q: Do all roulette wheels look exactly the same?
A: So from reading the above, we know that this is complete fiction. The biggest identifying mark on the different wheels are the numbers, especially the double zero’s on the American wheels and the single zero on the European wheels.
Q: If the ball lands on black more than three times in a row, then will it land on red on the fourth spin?
A: Unfortunately for those thinking that they can predict the future, this isn’t the case in roulette. The roulette wheel has no memory. Each spin on the wheel is different from the last, so there is no logical way of predicting what will come next – it all just adds to the suspense and thrills!
Q: Play online roulette for long enough and you will be able to formulate a clever system to beat the wheel at is on game?
This game is all up to chance, and if you believe in Lady Luck maybe give her a call too, because it’s all relatively out of your hands when the wheel starts spinning.
Yes, prior to the spinning of the wheel, you get to choose which colours and/or numbers you would like to place your bets on, but from there on out in that round, it’s a guessing games as to where the ball with land. So no amount of genius mathematical skill will help you out on this one folks.
Tips and tricks to playing online roulette
Play roulette now!
- Practice, practice, practice. Even though a lot of this game is down to chance, you still want to get comfortable playing the game, especially if you are new to the casino and the game. So play some of the free practice play games first to get an idea whether you like it or not. This will allow you time to practice before you start playing for real cash rewards.
- Know the rules of all the roulette options before you start playing. Know the difference between the various tables (American, European or French), and make your choice on which table to play accordingly.
- Play roulette only at reputable online casinos like Euro Palace – you want to always be aware that you are playing in a safe environment, where no bias or favouritism is taking place. Fair and safe is the biggest factor in playing any game.